Windows 7 Video Library

Sep 2, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Hi there,

Do you have any plans to support Video Library (Windows 7)?

TIA
Dave

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Hello,

By design clipShow uses Windows 7 Search to find video media from the Video Library.  To ensure the plug-in can access your media on external drives, be sure to associate the external source media folder with the Videos Library by right-mouse clicking on the folder and selecting Include in library->Videos.

Regards, Chandler

Sep 3, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Chandler,

I have Windows 7 RTM and WHS PP2. Videos are stored on WHS. UNC path pointing to Videos folder on WHS is added to the W7's Video Library. I can see videos in WMC's video library. Only local videos are showing in clipShow.

What am I missing?

TIA
Dave

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Hi Dave,

I have confirmed that the current version of the plug-in does not support playing media hosted on a remote WHS (or any external file server).  I am working on fix for this, but it may take a few weeks for me to get it completed.  Sorry for the problem with your setup. 

Regards,

Chandler 

Coordinator
Oct 9, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Hi Dave,

I have a test release that does allow integration with a Windows Home Server.  It requires that PowerPack 3 (which is in beta) be installed on the Server and a refreshed client installation on the Media Center.  I will be testing over the weekend and will plan to post an update by Monday.

Regards,

Chandler