This project is read-only.

clipShow won't load on my Linksys DMA2200 MCE

Jan 14, 2009 at 7:11 AM
Hi,

This program sounds like exactly what I could use, so I am expecially frustrated that it is not working. My VMC is running 64 bit Home Premium, and I installed the 64 bit version of clipshow. I can run the app from the PC, and managed to save one playlist, I think, but when I load the clipShow program from my MCE, which is a Linksys DMA2200, with no connection or other issues otherwise, I get an error: Invalid Application, and the option to disable the program.

I have tried rebooting both the MCE and the PC, uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Jan 28, 2009 at 2:50 PM
I have tested it on my own Linksys DMA2200, albeit with a 32-bit PC, with no issues.  The only issue I can think of is that the MCX account your DMA2200 uses has limited access rights to either the media files or limited rights to access local settings.  You might try raising the priveleges of that account by either making a "Standard User" or "Admin" temporarily to see if the issue is resolved.  Also, you may want to reassign the device to your VMC after having installed the plug-in.
Please send me a message if you are still having issues.