Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

Dec 21, 2008 at 1:24 PM
I've been looking for a way to play our videos in sequence or shuffled, just like you can do with pictures.  Thanks for making this plug-in to make this possible. 

It works pretty well for my avi files, but I wasn't able to get it to play the MTS files from my HD camcorder.  I did edit the xml file to include that type, but no luck so far. Not sure if I need to do something to get it to re-scan for files.  It also didn't pick up my MPG files, despite that MP* listing in the XML file - not sure why.

Dumb question time:  How do you stop the Shuffle Mode?  Seems that once I start it, I can't stop it without completely changing to another section of VMC (like viewing a recorded TV show).  Pressing stop just goes to the next clip, pressing previous takes me to the Clipshow screen, but clips continue to play in background.

Finally, the longer I leave the Shuffle All playback running, the less repsonsive the system seems to become (it takes a while to respond to remote button presses).  I'll experiment more to see if this is real, or just a one time thing.

Thanks again for the great work creating this!
Coordinator
Dec 24, 2008 at 12:51 AM
Thank you for the feedback regarding clipShow. 

Regarding playback of MTS files, several have indicated interest in this.  As a result, I have provided a release (clipShow 1.1) which adds AVCHD support for browsing media inside the shell.  Please let me know if this release addressed your issue for playback of MTS files.

Regarding turning off the Shuffle Mode, select the "End" menu item at the top right of the playback screen to stop the clipShow queue.  Also, hitting the back button to browse media and having clips continue to play is a known issue without a fix right now.

Glad to hear you are enjoying my plug-in!

Dec 26, 2008 at 8:41 PM
Thanks for the new release.  I must be doing something wrong though.  I uninstalled the prior version then installed the latest, and I still can't get the MTS files to show.  My MTS files are all located under the Public Videos folder.

I also can't get the app to stop playing videos once it starts.  Even selecting End under Shuffle doesn't stop them.  It just stops the current one, and a new one starts a couple seconds later.  Seems that I need to Re-start VMC to stop the playback.

I do appreciate that you've create this plug-in to fill a real shortcoming of VMC.  I'll keep an eye out for new releases if they appear.