general comment

Sep 17, 2008 at 10:14 AM
Edited Sep 17, 2008 at 10:17 AM
I think this a fantastic add on and have been waiting for this for a long time.Firstly let me say the playlist creator work perfectly and I love the method for creating the playlist.The clipshow part is still a bit buggy but Im sure you will work the bugs out I look forward to future releases I think the inclucion of a start menu uninstaller would be a good idea .I had a problem with a video card driver doing some funny things and couldnt work out how to uninstall clipshow but all in all a fantastic app and one I would be happy to pay for keep up the great work!!!!! One last thing why does it look for folders on drive D I had to add the folders to get it to work and also where does it store the playlist would it be possible to be able to store the playlists in a folder of the users own choice? anyway just an idea cheers!!
Coordinator
Sep 24, 2008 at 7:37 AM
Thank you for the kind words.  As it happens I will be releasing clipShow Beta 2 in the next few days (shaking out the last remaining bugs right now with a few folks).

I will look into an uninstaller, although I have found that using the Vista Control Panel "Programs and Features" works very well to uninstall the plug-in.

Regarding Beta 2; it is a combination of numerous bug fixes and better stability, as well as a quicker start-up (no more waiting for media thumbnails to be generated).  It also should be snappier in screen refreshes than Beta 1.

The plug-in searches for media items in the C:\Users\YourUserName\Videos folder and the C:\Users\Public\Videos folder.  (a hint, if you place a shortcut to another share or drive in either of those folders the plug-in will follow the link and index there as well)

The settings for the plug-in are stored in the C:\ProgramData\clipShowSettings directory.  In Beta 2 the settings will be stored in C:\ProgramData\clipShow.  I plan to write up some technical documentation once I formally release Version 1.0 (and that will depend upon how Beta 2 is received) that explains how to use the TagSettings files to help provided better indexing against media metadata.

Stay tuned for Beta 2, and please let me know what you think of the new release.
Sep 25, 2008 at 7:23 AM
No problems will definately download next version and give it a whirl and let you know what I think keep up the great work!!
Sep 30, 2008 at 1:17 AM
Edited Sep 30, 2008 at 1:19 AM
Downloaded latest version beta 2 bugs have gone and it works flawless on my computer great program!! Only two question when you click on the make playlist link within clipshow is it supposed to open the playlist editor/creator because it does not work on my computer also is there anyway to get the media center right click menu meged into the clipshow add in as losing the ability to change zoom setting is a bit anoying all and all, all I can say is fantastic work!!! Oh one last thing it seems a bit sluggish changing from one clip to another when one ends and another begins is there anyway to speed this up or is it just media center itself ??
Coordinator
Sep 30, 2008 at 2:47 AM
Thank you for the feedback.

Regarding the playlist editor, you should see a "band" at the bottom of the screen (the startup image appears in the bottom left corner of the screen) when you select Make Playlist.  From there click on the media items in the middle section to begin building the playlist.  (Let me know if you see something else)

The missing Zoom setting in full screen is a by-product of not using the FullScreen method in VMC (instead I make invisible all other elements except the video view port).  The reason I choose this method was that I had feedback regarding when a video clip playing in its entirety would end and another would begin.  VMC would always show the blue screen menu (Done,Restart,Delete) which would take away from the clipping effect I wanted to achieve.  A workaround I have found is to set the Zoom prior to running clipShow.  I realize this will not work for all media types with different aspect ratios in playback, but I will look into this and see about addressing this in a future release.

For changing the way clipShow transitions between clips, please see my revised Release Notes on how to turn off the fade out and fade in transition during media playback.  For some video cards, this can be taxing and turning off fading should help in performance.

Also, depending upon where your media is stored (network vs shared local drive) there may be some sluggishness when first running the plug-in due to the way it creates the video thumbnails.  Over time the plug-in will complete its work of creating the thumbnails for all of the found media.  (Hint, leave the plug-in on the Browse screen for about ten minutes and that will ensure it finishes the work)

Keep the feedback coming, and thanks again for checking out my plug-in.
Sep 30, 2008 at 3:15 AM
so from clipshow I can only make playlist from media in other playlists is this correct? if so would it be possible to add a link in middle section to video library so I can add any media from video library without having to exit the clipshow part and go into program library and click on the playlist part? Simply put add a link to crate playlists from scratch from where you view the playlists.As for the zoom function I agree the way you have it is better than having the  media center menu screen between each clip