This project is read-only.

Need to rebuild LibaryManager

Apr 6, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Hi Chandler,

great job with ClipShow, exactly what I'm looking for regarding video playlists.

I've a problem however. LibaryManager / SearchEngine is using localized AQS syntax, i.e. "kind:videos store:file" instead of canonical syntax "System.Search.Store:file System.Kind:video" (see here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb266512%28VS.85%29.aspx), so it doesn't find anything on my German Windows 7 installation. Being a programmer myself it's easy to fix, the only problem is that I don't know the password for the clipShowkey.pfx key stores, so I can't build the dll's.

Given that ClipShow is open source I would like to ask if you can provide the password, so I (and other people) can work with the code and fix bugs.

Thanks in advance

Tschachim

Apr 7, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Hi Chandler,

small update, I did a test client calling SearchEngine directly with the aforementioned changes ("System.Search.Store:file System.Kind:video" instead of "kind:videos store:file") and this way the SearchEngine is just fine.

So (at least for me ;-) ) the best solution would be you change that and release a new version because everybody with a non-english windows installation needs this change. But I don't know if you have the time to do so (or if you are still around here at all), so I'll wait and see a little bit :-), hoping for a new version.

If this fails I'll try to rebuild everything either without a key store or with new key stores. I've no clue yet how to install new dlls manually and where to put what (GAC?), so we'll see ...

Cheers

Tschachim

Apr 8, 2010 at 4:53 AM

Hi Tschachim - thank you for taking an interest in the plug-in.  I have been working on a few bug fixes the past few months, and will incorporate your suggested change as well.  Give me a few days (this weekend should be when I can drop the new build) and let me know if it addresses the issue.

Best Regards,

Chandler

Apr 8, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Hi Chandler,

thanks for your reply and great news, can't wait to test the new version!

Cheers

Tschachim

Apr 15, 2010 at 6:15 AM

Hi Tschachim - I just uploaded a new test build (Version 2.5).  If you get a chance, let me know if it addresses the canonical issue on your Win7 client.  You can find it here.

Best Regards, Chandler

Apr 15, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Great news! I'll test tonight and let you know the results.

Thanks!

Tschachim

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:57 PM
Hi Chandler, good news, the search engine is working fine now! I still have some issues: The font size of some of the menus is too big, I'm quite sure this is because I've set the windows font size to a big setting. Also I'd need the same feature as mentioned by bluc in the previous thread, I need to organize the clips per folders, not year/month. Of course this is no bug but just the way I need to organize my clips, year/month just doesn't make sense in my case. I don't know if you want to take a look at these things, I can understand if they don't have any priority for you. I'll take a look at the sources again, perhaps I can come up with some "change proposals" fixing/implementing these things. Last but not least I still wonder how to build/test self-compliled versions of clipshow and about this keystore thing, can I just rebuild and overwrite the dll's in the program files\<forgot the dir name> directory or must I put them in the GAC or something like this? Cheers Tschachim
Aug 7, 2010 at 1:53 AM

Tschachim did you have any luck getting it to display folders rather than media by year?

Aug 9, 2010 at 10:48 AM
No, I switched to MediaBrowser and adapted their Favorites plugin for my needs, sorry.